5 Ways to Help You Grow Your Business Online
Word of mouth is a great way to get your business out there. It builds reputation and trust in the community. But what about those that would like to research before they come to your store or buy from you online? Here is a short list of tips about how to grow your business online.
1. Specify your niche. This one is as simple as knowing your market and tailoring your marketing to them. Specifying your niche allows you to build a very structured and detailed marketing plan to really draw your audience in. To be successful online, you need to make sure you have a defined purpose and value proposition; with these two things, you will be able to come up with new and creative solutions your niche is looking for.
2. Really know your audience. After specifying your niche, you can really dive into
who your audience is. Building a buyer persona can help you get to know your audience. Who are you catering to? Who would shop in your store or seek your services? How old are they, what are their interests, what is their education level? Asking yourself who you are catering to and building this persona will help you get to know who exactly you are targeting and help you build strategies and solutions to help you grow.
3. Utilize content marketing. Having high-quality content can help you build authority and trust online amongst your audience. There are a few ways to use content marketing – you could create and update a blog regularly, have a social media presence, and take advantage of email marketing (if it is within your budget).
a. Creating a blog. Writing original content in a blog can help you gain the trust of your audience, as well as get your audience to help you market by sharing your content. This can also lead to user-generated content when your audience adds their thoughts to your posts when they share with their friends and networks. Using social networks, your own website, or both to create a blog will help you attract and maintain potential and current customers.
b. Having a social media presence. Be consistent with your social media presence and posting, whether it is what is going on that day in your store, a recent service story, or a promotion. The key here is to keep your audience engaged with you and your business. Being responsive to any inquiries on social platforms, addressing issues, responding to reviews, and being conversational with your audience will build trust with them.
c. Using email marketing. Email marketing is another way to target your niche, both prospective and current customers. These emails are typically customized to fit the specific needs of your clientele and can include recent blog posts, Q&A, promotions, and recent press. You can also create drip campaigns, emails to go to customers that abandon their carts, and automated emails when someone fills out your contact form.
4. Utilize paid social media. Using paid Facebook and Instagram ads can help you further target your audience and help those that have interests that align with your products and services see what you have to offer.
5. Network with complementary businesses. Networking and partnering with businesses that complement your own can help you get your brand in front of those that might not know about your products or services. These complementary businesses are not your direct competitors, but they are still in your industry and are possibly looking to expand their reach as well! If you can benefit each other, it might be in your best interest to network with these businesses. The best way for this to work is to network with a business that has a similar niche they market to and provide for.
These are all things you can complete on your own, but sometimes it can be daunting if you don’t know where to start. Reach out if you would like to get started growing your business online but could use a little help!